Monday, August 06, 2007

Summer Road Trip







I apologize for my lack of posts, but we went on a long van trip and didn't have much internet access. Now that we are back home, let me catch you up on all that has happened. The later part of July mommy did a lot of planning and packing while we were sleeping. Finally the big day arrived when daddy packed lots of stuff into the van, put the bikes on the back and we left Orlando. We drove and drove and drove and drove. We stopped for just a few minutes at our cousin’s house in Adel, GA, then drove a bunch more. I (Mikayla) had an accident in my pants as we pulled into the hotel. We had dinner that night with a man named Fred. I got to sleep in a BIG bed all by myself (well my kitty, other kitty and seal shared it with me). We drove some more that day, and then the next day was the 4th of July. We crossed the Mississippi river into St. Louis and stopped to visit the Gateway Arch. It was BIG! We rode in this tiny elevator car up to the top (mommy didn’t like it one bit!) and looked out the windows on top. It was high up. Then we drove a bunch more till we got to Kansas City, Missouri, where my friend Jackson lives. Elijah got to see his first fireworks, while Jackson and I slept through them. (Guess I should’ve taken a nap in the van that day!) The next day we got to go swimming in Jackson’s neighborhood pool; it was awesome! Then we left and spent a bunch more time in the van. I watched a bunch of videos: Curious George, Nemo and my new favorite, Charlie and Lola.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home